I’ve never been the biggest fan of Salmon, but after trying this recipe out I was almost forced to have a change of heart. The combination of flavors used gives it a smoothness yet a kick at the same time. The key is of course to use the freshest salmon you can find. It’s really easy and looks very impressive.
You will need
- 1lb fresh fillet of salmon or 1 pack of smoked salmon
- 1 lemon
- a handful of pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped white or red onions
- a handful of pink peppercorns
- sea salt to taste
- chives and parsley for garnish
- Slice the salmon into 1/4 inch slices or thinner if you can, the thinner the salmon the better it will taste.
- Lay the slices on your serving plate and sprinkle the onion, pomegranate and peppercorns on top - make sure to buy the pink peppercorns, as this recipe will not work with regular black peppercorns.
- Squeeze the lemon on top of the salmon and garnish with a pinch of sea salt, chives and/or parsley.