If you’re anything like me, you love having people over and of course if you are having people over, you always want to make sure that you have enough for your guests to eat. I always have different home made snacks on my coffee table and often give my friends little going away presents with these homemade goodies inside, that is if Jonathan and I don’t finish them before anyone arrives.
Nuts are always a healthy snack to have lying around and I’m constantly experimenting with different ways to spice them up a little. My mom makes the most incredible peppered pecans around thanksgiving which she is famous for, EVERYONE goes crazy for them.
But as much as I love those, these nuts are very different. They’re sweet yet salty and not too overbearing… and also not too unhealthy either so don’t you worry!
You will need
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Large pinch of kosher salt
- 3/4 cup pecans or whichever nuts you wish
- Put the brown sugar, water, butter and kosher salt in a skillet. Bring to boil, stirring.
- Boil for 1 minute before adding the nuts.
- Stir and toss until the nuts are thoroughly coated with a glaze, about 4 minutes. If they start to smoke, take them off before they burn.
- Transfer nuts to sheet of foil or parchment paper and quickly separate with forks.
- Wait until the cool and then enjoy.