- 1 pound whole sea bass
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic, in skin
- 3 lemons, sliced into rounds
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wash the fish and pat dry. Set on a baking sheet with parchment paper or a large pyrex. Rub the fish all over with salt and pepper, inside and out.
- Place a layer of onions and fennel on the bottom of the baking sheet then place the fish on top. Stuff with the remaining fennel, onions, garlic, lemon slices, and fresh herbs.
Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the fish in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. You can place a knife into the fish and see if its evenly cooked, white and flaky.
- Serve with all of the vegetables and lemon wedges on the side.