I’ve told you before, I’m really not much of a baker… but I LOVE cookies, especially chocolate chip cookies. My sister Simone is the baker in my family and she always does a much better job than me but recently I adapted a few recipes to make these incredible chocolate chip cookies, which arguably might be able to rival Simone’s, at least that’s what my husband says.
But before I fill you in on how to make these, I’m gonna fill you in on a little secret that. If you have too much cookie dough, or you don’t want to make all those cookies at once, roll up the extra cookie dough in plastic wrap and freeze until you want to use it. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
You will need
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream sugars and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy then add the egg and vanilla and mix until evenly combined.
- Add flour, salt and cinnamon to the mixing bowl and mix well, add in the chocolate chips and stir by hand until evenly distributed.
- Drop cookies six to a sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, rotating halfway through. The reason I say 6 to a sheet is because these cookies tend to spread out when cooking.
- When done, let cookies rest for 2-3 minutes on baking sheet before carefully transferring to wire rack.