If you’re a fan of fish then you are guaranteed to fall head over heels in love with this one! Not only is it so fresh and delicious, but it comes in a little parcel too, so every guest will have their own little gift to open, oh what fun!
I do enjoy making fish but I don’t get to do it so often, it’s one of those things that I often prefer to eat when I’m out at a restaurant. However, since Jonathan and I are headed on vacation to the Caribbean tomorrow, I thought we’d start ourselves on a slimmer menu. Yes it may be healthier than the usual meat dishes that we would normally have for dinner, but that doesn’t mean that it tastes any worse. In fact if you ask me, it’s right on par.
This is a simple, quick, light and flavorful fish which will leave you wanting more. The great thing about this dish is that you can use any herb or type of fish that you like, so if you are crazy about fish or trying to slim down, you can cook the fish in the same way I’ve done here. Just switch up the spices or type of
fish. You are guaranteed to get an incredible flavor no matter what you use.
You will need
- 4 fillets cod
- 3 lemons cut into thin slices
- 1 handful of thyme sprigs or herb sprigs of your choice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Wash and dry your cod well
- Take 4 sheets of parchment paper about the size of your baking sheet and place a layer of lemons slices organized in two rows on each piece of paper.
- Place a piece of fish on top of the lemon, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, half a tablespoon of olive oil and a few thyme sprigs.
- pick up the horizontal sides of the parchment paper and fold over twice, the fold the sides in creating a parcel.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes on 400 and serve in the paper