It’s pretty rare that I make pasta at home… Sure we all have those night where we get home exhausted and the last thing that we want to do is cook, so we just throw some pasta into a pot and voila – dinner is served. Here’s the thing, my one request to you, PLEASE don’t throw a jar of ready made tomato sauce over that perfectly good pasta, YOU ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT! Come on, you know you are!
The great thing about pasta is, if cooked right, you don’t have to do much work, that trusty bowl of carbs will do it all for you, just be kind to it. Here’s where your minimum efforts come in… I’ve given you my recipe for a delicious tomato sauce before, where you can make large amounts, jar and place in the refrigerator until you want to use it but this right here is something a little different, actually a lot different.
People always joke with me that kale is the hot new thing, the trendy vegetable to eat, a MUST have in your fridge, a “Darling, you don’t eat kale? Don’t even talk to me” type of food. Truth be told I am a huge fan myself, there are just so many ways to work with it and when I see a huge bunch of crisp kale sitting in the supermarket saying “Eat me”, I really just can’t say no.
This recipe couldn’t be more simple. Just throw your kale into a skillet with some aromatic garlic, amazing extra virgin olive oil and some chillies and you are good to go. Next time you are about to pour that processed artificial canned stuff all over your pasta, remember my words of wisdom, go forth and conquer.
You will need
- 1 Box ditaloni, rigatoni or a similar pasta
- 1 Bunch kale
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta until al dente
- Chop the kale, leaving out the stems, into medium size pieces.
- Heat a large skillet, add in the olive oil then sautee the garlic until golden.
- Add the kale and chillies to the garlic and oil and sautee until the kale becomes a little bit crispy, about 5-8 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to the kale mixture, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and serve.