Nothing tastes better with a good steak or lamb chop (see my recipe) than a good chimichurri sauce. I always love having it in restaurants but since I figured out how to make it myself I can’t get enough of it. In fact, I even made a large batch and have it sitting in my fridge in jars at the ready. Cilantro, parsley and oregano are ongoing residents in my fridge and since these are the main ingredients for making up this delightful sauce, I’m always in luck. Here’s how its done:
You will need
- 1 packed cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¾ packed cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ packed cup fresh oregano leaves
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- For this recipe you will need a food processor.
- Combine the parsley, cilantro, oregano, vinegar, salt and pepper in the food processor.
- While the machine is running add in the olive oil and a little water, about half a teaspoon. The mixture should become a creamy saucy consistency.
- Drizzle on top of your meat or fish.