We all have those days, some of us more often than others, where we just feel like snacking. Yup, that enemy strikes again, its name; snacks. Some of us have a closet full of ’em, healthy or unhealthy, just waiting there for the moment to strike. Others feel the sudden urge and rummage through their kitchen usually finding that bag of marshmallows or chocolate covered pretzels that have been hiding from you. Don’t judge, guys!
I’m extremely guilty of this charge… it seems to happen more often than I’d like and yet I’m still always unprepared. I usually go for the healthier option and start cutting up a whole plate of crudités for five, just to keep my big stomach happy, taking a good 20 minutes before I also have a dressing prepared to go with it, but really, were busy people – aint nobody got time for that!
So, here’s my latest secret in the snack department. Healthy? Check! Easy? Check! Delicious? Check!
Introducing crunchy oven roasted chickpeas, with a blend of paprika, coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, and sea salt, perfect for making ahead and storing for that moment, when it happens AGAIN.
You will need
- 2 15oz cans chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.F
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas from the can in a colander.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towel then place the chickpeas on top, and spread them out and leave for 10-15 minutes for the water to be absorbed by the paper towel.
- Remove the paper towel, and transfer the chickpeas directly onto the baking sheet.
- Pour on the olive oil, then add in all the spices, mixing well with your hands until the mixture is coated on the chickpeas.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until crunchy.