I’m really into fruits in salad lately, especially peaches… It happened a few months ago when the sky was a constant depressing shade of grey and rain was pouring like the Hudson River was being drained. Jonathan isn’t the biggest fan of fruit being anything other than dessert but I’m happy to take more for myself.
Burrata is one food that I can never pass on… I see it in a restaurant and automatically have to take one “for the table”. The texture, the creaminess, the flavor… all these factors just make this cheese just so hard to resist. Come to think of it, if I had to choose one “last meal”, burrata, along with some juicy fresh tomatoes, would very possibly be a contender. If tomatoes aren’t an option then peaches will definitely do!
I often go through my refrigerator,throw a few ingredients together and come up with a fresh new recipe. It’s the fun part of cooking. It’s what happened here.
Put this together and impress your friends and family instantly. Once they taste it, they’ll never in their wildest dreams guess how easy it really was.
You will need
- 1 peach
- 1 package burrata
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Wash and dry the peach and slice it into thin segments. Set aside.
- Drain the burrata from its packaging and place on a serving plate, tearing it up into smaller pieces.
- Arrange the peaches on top of the cheese, drizzle with olive oil, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over then parsley then serve.