Sometimes I wake up in the morning, starving, and with absolutely no idea what I want to eat. If you follow me on Instagram you will have noticed that green juice is pretty high up in my books but I love raw fruits and vegetables way to much to stick just with the liquids.
There are of course many options for a fruit filled breakfast – baked apples, poached pears, fruit salad, smoothies, or your regular sliced fruit plate but I like to get a little creative and spice that fruit up just a smidge.
Mango is very high up there in my favorite fruits. If I had a lifetime supply I’d be extremely content, no complaints, I promise. Theres just so many things that one can do with them. My new take on mango is a chili lime mixture which when sprinkled on fruit, practically moves mountains… it’s just way too good, and way too easy! Go try it out for yourself.
You will need
- Fresh mango, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- half a lime, juice and zest
- Place the mango in a bowl, squeeze the lime juice and toss to coat evenly.
- Mix together spice and sugar mixture in a small bowl.
- Plate the mango then sprinkle with the lime zest and remaining ingredients